Greetings to the many thousands of readers over the past month from across Canada and the United States, as well as countries including the United Kingdom, Russia, Germany, France, India, Australia, Japan, the Ukraine, Mexico, Romania and the Netherlands.
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Let's go to The Ex!
AUGUST 19 - SEPTEMBER 5, 2011 in Toronto at Exhibition Place
The Canadian National Exhibition (CNE), the largest fair in Canada, and one of the top 10 in North America, will open its gates August 19 through September 5, 2011 in Toronto, (Canada).
For 18 days the CNE will celebrate important anniversaries, while thrilling people of all ages with an exciting line-up of concerts, food, celebrity demonstrations, performances, midway rides, and spooky ghost tours.
The following is an overview of the attractions. Full schedule is available at TheEX.com
- 75th Anniversary of the Bandshell will be marked by an extensive concert
series including: Marianas Trench, The Spinners with the Manhattans, LIGHTS,
Glen Campbell, My Darkest Days, Neil Sedaka, Loverboy, Blues Festival, K-OS,
Tommy James & The Shondells and the Battle of the Bands – a regional band
festival hosted by Supernova. The Canadian Forces Musical Salute also returns.
- 25th Annual Rising Star Talent Finals
- Chairs with Flair – expanded program in which students in the community
create Muskoka style chairs with flair for use by Ex goers. This year, another 150
chairs will be scattered throughout the Fair, for visitors to relax in.
- Aerial Acrobatics & Ice Skating Show: spectacular ice show devoted to
- The Strong Man: John Beatty lifts the unlift-able
- The Human Cannonball: David Smith, Jr. returns
- Canadian International Air Show (Sept. 3-5)
- FLOWRIDER Splash Zone
- President’s Choice SuperDogs Show
- The Haunted CNE: walks, presentations and paranormal activity reach from
beyond the grave. Special presenter, Richard Palmisano of the Searcher Group
- Food Network Celebrity Stage with chefs: Bob Blumer (Glutton for
Punishment), David Rocco (Dolce Vita), Chef Corbin (Dinner Party Wars), David
Adjey (The Opener), Michael Smith (Chef at Home), Bal Arneson (Spice
Goddess), Duff Goldman (Ace of Cakes, Sugar High) and some of Food
Network’s Top Chef Canada competitors
- International Pavilion: Kenya’s Black Angels Acrobats, Jasenka (Czech
Republic dancers & musicians), Ontario Youth Choir, and Mzansi Youth Choir
from South Africa
- International Sand Sculpting Competition
- The Bra Project: 60 individually created bras with a story
- Ghosts of the CNE
- Marilyn in Canada: A Selection - selected photographs, posters and objects from
the McMichael exhibit and private collectors
- CNEA Horse Show
- 40th Ambassador of the Fairs
- Peewee Baseball Tournament
Midway: NEW Ferris Wheel with Laser Light Show, Mega Drop, Wave Swinger, Zipper,
- Rib Fest
- 90th Warriors Day Veteran Parade
- 40th Annual Cat Show
- Kids’ World Park / KidsStreet Interactive Zone
Other: CNE Casino, The Farm, Garden Show, At Home Pavilion, Shoppers Market,
Arts, Crafts & Hobbies, Outdoor Marketplace, daily parades, park entertainers, and food
to satisfy any taste bud – healthy options available.
For ticket information, special offers, and a full listing and description of attractions for
kids, youth, adults and seniors, go to www.TheEx.com. Some attractions, or times, may
be subject to change.
About the CNE:
The Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) is Canada’s largest fair and one of the
top 10 fairs in North America. Founded in 1879, the CNE attracts more than 1.2
million visitors over 18 days, generates more than $50 million in economic impact
for the City of Toronto and over $70 million for the Province of Ontario on an
The Canadian National Exhibition will be opening its gates to the young and
“young at heart” August 19 through September 5, 2011 in Toronto, Canada.
There will be plenty to see and do over those 18 days of summer, including the
spectacular Canadian International Air Show on Labour Day Weekend. The
CNE Horse Show and Casino open before the fair, on Monday, August 1,
For info visit: www.TheEx.com