Don’t let the cold keep you from the fun
WATERLOO, Ont. — It may be cold and snowy outside, but there is a near endless list of activities for families, couples and solo fun in Waterloo Region this winter. Whether you enjoy cozying up on a cold winter day or embracing the winter weather, Waterloo has an activity for you.
With some digging, or shoveling, it is easy to discover something to do any day of the week during the winter months. Check out these events and you’ll be sure to be happy to say hello to winter weather.
Cozy, indoor activities:
· Enjoy a cultural afternoon at Waterloo Region Museum where you can avoid the snow outside and expand your knowledge of the arts. The museum has activities for the whole family, so bring the gang along. Check out one of the Main Gallery Exhibit, with a variety to choose from. You can learn more here: http://www.waterlooregionmuseum.com/
· Experience nature up close at the Cambridge Butterfly Conservatory. The conservatory offers exhibits perfect for any holiday including Valentine’s Day, Family Day and Easter. Check out the exhibit calendar here: http://www.cambridgebutterfly.com/events/event-calendar
Embrace the winter wonderland:
· Waterloo Public Square holds a winter skate through the season, each with a different theme. Themes vary from dinosaurs to love birds. Waterloo Public Square asks you to dress the part and sport a wardrobe that matches the theme. Check out the skating with your family and complete your winter afternoon with a cup of hot chocolate! Learn more here: http://www.waterloo.ca/en/living/Family-Fun-Skate.asp
· Waterloo Central Railway offers a scenic train ride through the town of St. Jacobs. The train ride includes a non-stop leisurely evening ride to the St. Jacobs Market and then the town of Elmira and back again. Dress warm and enjoy the Winter Night Train with family and friends. You can learn more here: https://events.explorewaterlooregion.com/events/18833
· Spend the day at Chicopee Tube Park with family and friends for a day of thrilling fun. You’ll be thankful for the fallen winter snow as you speed down a snow-covered hill in an inflatable tube. Learn more about Chicopee Tube Park here: http://www.chicopeetubepark.com/index.html
· For the ones who love winter sports, head to Chicopee Ski Resort. Whether you’re a ski pro or just beginning, Chicopee is for you. Explore the many ski hills or take a lesson with one of Chicopee’s experienced instructors. You can learn more here: http://www.discoverchicopee.com/
For more information, please visit www.explorewaterlooregion.com, or connect with Waterloo Tourism on social media; Like it on Facebook and Follow on Twitter @ExploreWR.
About Waterloo Regional Tourism Marketing Corporation
Founded in 2007, Waterloo Regional Tourism Marketing Corporation (WRTMC) is the recognized Destination Marketing Organization for the Region of Waterloo. They are a non-profit marketing and image development organization with extensive knowledge on the development of destination profiling, awareness building programs and strategic partnerships. WRTMC has partnered with hundreds of members within the Region to further their marketing efforts reach by promoting the region to high-potential markets.