Roundhouse Winter Craft Beer Festival happens February 1
TORONTO, Ont. (January 27, 2020) — The Roundhouse Winter Craft Beer Festival is fast approaching.
A collection of more than 40 Ontario craft brewers in one spot, with some of Toronto’s best food trucks and winter fun, it is always a great time in the heart of the city.
But before heading out, it is good to do a little planning to make sure you are ready for what the day has in store. Some tips for making the most of sampling some of the finest beers to come from this province:
- Plan a Ride — This should be a no-brainer, but it is always worth repeating. This is an afternoon spent enjoying beer. The last thing you want to do is get behind the wheel of a car. Thankfully, Roundhouse Park is perfectly located in the heart of downtown Toronto. It is easily accessible by foot, bus, streetcar, subway, GO Train, taxi, ride sharing … you have options. So please, DO NOT drink and drive.
- Bundle Up — Yes there will be campfires, but this is an outdoor event in February in Toronto. Chances are it will be cold. A winter coat, toque and scarf are a good idea, as well as insulated waterproof boots and perhaps snow pants. An absolute must is gloves. You will be carrying around a frosty beer mug all day. You want to keep those hands warm.
- Come in a Good Mood — This is a party; be prepared to whoop it up. We’re all friends here. Park your inhibitions and get moving — dance along to the DJ, get your photo taken, enjoy some toasted marshmallows.
- Limber Up — This Beer Fest is more than just beer. Come prepared to play all of the games you would expect at a tailgate party. There will be bean bag toss, giant beer pong, giant Connect-4, giant Jenga and more. Or take a turn sliding down the hill on a Krazy Karpet.
- Come Hungry — It’s not the best idea to enjoy beer on an empty stomach. But more important than that is the food options that will be available to you. Some of Toronto’s finest food trucks will be on site, with some of the most delicious street food you will find anywhere.
Among the breweries participating are:
Tickets for the Winter Craft Beer Festival are now on sale by clicking here or visiting craftbeerfest.ca. The first 500 people to arrive at Roundhouse Park on February 1st will receive a free toque.
Join the conversation on Twitter @SteamWhistle, Instagram @SteamWhistleBrewing and Facebook at /SteamWhistle using the hashtag #WhatsInYourBeer. For more information, please visit steamwhistle.ca.
About Steam Whistle Craft Brewing Company:
Steam Whistle Brewing remains true to the old-world method of brewing beer, ensuring each batch is crafted flawlessly, following the Bavarian Purity Act of 1516. One of Canada’s leading independent craft breweries, Steam Whistle crafts beers using only four natural ingredients with no additives or preservatives. Steam Whistle brews its iconic Pilsner and new Pale Ale, Fat Tire’s Amber Ale across Canada, and Von Bugle’s Munich Lager across Ontario.