St. Thomas, ON - From April to October, explore Ontario’s heritage treasures at free public events across the province. Satisfy your curiosity and get behind normally closed doors to experience intriguing interiors, where you will be inspired by rare and exceptional materials, craftsmanship and design. From historical houses to modern marvels of construction, Doors Open Ontario has something for everyone - All Free of Charge.
St. Thomas’ Doors Open is coming up Saturday, October 5th from 10am-4pm and will feature some unique sites and activities with a fun “spooky” theme. This includes special activities such as ghost stories from Rail City Theatre on the train, tarot readings by Purely Wicked at Lemons Pharmacy, nighttime star gazing at the Elevated Park, and Capture Paranormal at the L&PS Station.
Visit www.doorsopenontario.on.ca or www.railwaycitytourism.com for detailed event information or pick up your pamphlet at Railway City Tourism, 605 Talbot Street.
Since the program was launched in 2002, over 7.8 million visits have been made to thousands of unique buildings and spaces. The Doors Open Ontario program also has a big impact on local communities, with participants spending more than $11 million during their travels in 2018 as they learned about heritage conservation, local history and had fun.
St. Thomas Sites
- BX Tower - Moore and Centre Street
- Elgin County Archives - 450 Sunset Drive
- Elgin County Railway Museum - 225 Wellington Street (closing at 2pm)
- Elgin Heritage Centre - 460 Sunset Drive
- Laing Studios - 456 Talobot Street
- L&PS Station - 605 Talbot Street
- Lemons Pharmacy Building - 633 Talbot Street
- Old St. Thomas Church - 55 Walnut Street
- Port Stanley Terminal Rail - 605 Talbot Street
- Princess Avenue Playhouse - 40 Princess Ave
- Railway City Brewing - 130 Edward Street
- St. Thomas Cemetery - 67 West Ave
- St. Thomas Elevated Park - King & Centre Street (6:30pm start)
- St. Thomas Public Library - 153 Curtis Street
- St. Thomas Elgin Public Art Centre - 300 Talbot Street
Tourism Manager | Railway City Tourism
519-631-1680 ext 4132railwaycitytourism.com