Sights and sounds accentuate new high-energy feature bar
NIAGARA FALLS, N.Y. – Feb. 13, 2014 – With a thumping bass, bright lights, energetic dancers, hot music – oh, and, a 20- by 40-foot high-definition video wall, one thing became perfectly clear tonight: there is a new energy growing inside Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel.
A huge crowd was on hand as the region’s premier gaming and entertainment destination celebrated the grand opening of its newest sensation. STIR, the new high-energy feature bar located on the main gaming floor, was unveiled in an exciting, Vegas-infused celebration.
“No visit to Seneca Niagara will ever be the same,” said Cathy Walker, president and CEO, Seneca Gaming Corporation, standing amidst the festivities. “STIR is a one-of-a-kind experience.”
Located in the southwest corner of the main gaming floor at Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel, STIR features a collection of sights, sounds and tastes that will thrill the senses. One look around tells you that this is not your typical gathering spot.
A massive 20- by 40-foot HD video wall with open views from across the gaming floor creates a focal point of activity and excitement. Live performances, stunning visual effects and a large dance floor set the atmosphere. Guests can enjoy signature cocktails served by bevertainers.
A large circular bar with lounge seats and 21 tabletop video gaming units helps create an entertainment hub within the world-class resort. Twelve low-back booths put you right in the heart of the excitement where STIR and the gaming floor meet, while eight high-back booths provide a more intimate atmosphere.
The grand opening was punctuated by a performance by Alizma, a group of identical triplets who all sing and play violin and whose music bridges the gap between classical and pop/rock. In addition, an exhilarating dance routine was performed by the venue’s bevertainers and choreographed by Farrington Entertainment & Productions, a Las Vegas company that has developed the choreography for worldwide events, including the recent red carpet extravaganza that celebrated Britney Spears’ arrival at Planet Hollywood. Live performances by popular New York City party band New York Minute and DJ Nicholas Picholas, of Buffalo’s Kiss 98.5, kept the crowd moving well into the early morning.
“Energy and excitement are going to be the hallmarks of an evening spent at STIR,” Walker said. “We wanted to set that unmistakable tone right from the start.”
The celebration continues with a selection of live performances scheduled throughout the holiday weekend. The full schedule will include performances by:
· Parkside Drive, a young, talented group of artists from Toronto, known for captivating crowds with their high-quality performances. The multi-talented band has a deep repertoire of genres, including dance, pop, rock, disco, soul, reggae, ballads, classical and jazz.
· Sherrie Gold & Overdrive, the Canadian band from the Niagara Region which offers a fusion of classic rock, blues, R&B, pop and disco – and promises to provide electrifying entertainment. Sherrie Gold, the lead singer, delivers incredible enthusiasm, a warm personality and an unforgettable voice.
· New York Minute, a hip, party-dance band with a variety of musicians and instruments to cover all of today’s hottest hits. The group is based in the New York City metropolitan area but has performed around the globe for some of the world’s biggest stars.
· Colleen Williams, one of Buffalo’s most celebrated jazz vocalists. The classy singer performs at many of the best-known venues in Buffalo as well as at many of area’s most prestigious ongoing concert events. She also has performed with the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra.
STIR will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 a.m., seven days a week. A full listing of scheduled entertainment at STIR can be found at www.senecaniagaracasino.com/stir.
The opening of STIR marks the completion of a comprehensive $26 million renovation of Seneca Niagara’s main gaming floor. In December, Seneca Gaming Corp. unveiled the reinvented space, which includes dazzling new slot displays and contemporary table game layouts and canopies, each complemented by plush new furniture and greatly enhanced lighting, a brand-new Keno Bar adjacent to the entrance to Thunder Falls Buffet, a larger, brighter Players Club Booth, a new gaming layout with wider, more open walkways, new, richly-colored carpeting, fresh wall coverings and a brand new air quality system. The result is a brighter, more open and more airy feel. The corporation also unveiled The Mezz, its newly-designed balcony area overlooking the main gaming floor, which is open to guests 18 and older.
“The whole environment and guest experience has been elevated,” Walker said. “From the sights and sounds to the air quality, Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel continues to stand apart. There are 10 million people who visit this resort every year, and they are going to have more to enjoy and talk about with each visit.”
About Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel
Seneca Niagara Casino & Hotel is located just minutes from the world-famous Niagara Falls in Western New York, near the Canadian border. The property is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week and 365 days a year. Guests can enjoy 147,000 square feet of gaming space with 4,000 slot machines and 100 table games, 10 restaurants, live entertainment and a AAA Four Diamond Award-winning, 26-story hotel with 604 deluxe rooms, a spa and salon, fitness center and indoor pool. Please visit www.SenecaCasinos.com for more information.
# # #
STIR FACT SHEET
· New high-energy feature bar and lounge with a Las Vegas feel
· Hours of operation: 10 a.m. to 4 a.m., seven days a week
· Approximately 7,500 square feet
· Total capacity for 296 people
· Total seating for 184 people
· Mounted high-definition video wall measures 20 feet high by 40 feet wide
· Stage area underneath HD video wall for live entertainment
· Bold carpeting designs and hardwood flooring for dance area
· Circular bar with cool-blue center lighting and 21 tabletop video gaming units; 40 single seats around bar
· Full beverage menu with signature cocktails
· Beautiful “bevertainers” will provide choreographed dances to create excitement
· Twenty-five new team members hired
· Eight booths of alternating bold, glittery red and gold colors, each seating eight people
· Eight tabletop bar tables, each seating four people
· Twelve lounge benches around perimeter of bar, each seating four people
· HD video wall specs: 512 diagonal inches; 2,160,000 pixels spaced six millimeters apart; more than 2,400 feet of power cabling, and; a processor that can accept various inputs such as cable TV, iPhone and advertising media
· Construction period: January and February 2014
· STIR completes the $26 million master renovation project for main gaming floor, which began in June 2013
· Architect: SOSH
· Project manager: Seneca Construction Management Corporation (SCMC)
# # #