Toronto Engagement: January 9-11/15 at Sony Centre For The Performing Arts
Tickets on Sale Now!
TORONTO, ON – October 7/14 –– Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival is launching a new Canadian tour this season with stops in 11 Canadian cities including Toronto.
Mickey Mouse and his band of friends, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy will be performing in a music mash-up of mega proportions when Disney Live! debuts in Toronto: January 9-11/15 at the Sony Centre For The Performing Arts.
Concert goers will hear greatest hits from the blockbuster movies, Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, and Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story remixed to rock, pop, reggae, hip-hop, jazz and country, among other jams. Produced by Feld Entertainment, Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival strives to be the biggest concert experience to hit live family entertainment. Tickets are on sale now!
This live stage production will perform in the following Canadian cities:
REGINA – Brandt Centre: December 6-7/14
SASKATOON – SaskTel Centre: December 8/14
OTTAWA – Canadian Tire Centre: December 14/14
WINDSOR – WFCU Centre: December 20/14
HAMILTON – Hamilton Place: December 21/14
MONTREAL – Theatre St-Denis: December 26 – December 31/14
KITCHENER – Centre in the Square: January 2/15
KINGSTON – Rogers K-Rock Centre: January 3/15
LONDON – Budweiser Gardens: January 4/15
OSHAWA – General Motors Centre: January 8/15
TORONTO – Sony Centre For The Performing Arts: January 9-11/15
Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival, featuring an all-star line-up of more than 25 Disney characters, begins with audiences watching a state-of-the-art video projection of the frenzy backstage which spills onto the stage as Mickey welcomes guests to his concert tour.
Soon thereafter, they will be transported to a new world of hip hop beats, dizzying acrobatics, flying carpets and magical transformations with Aladdin, Jasmine and Genie. Underwater is where the crowd will meet up with Ariel, Sebastian and their nautical pals to groove to the reggae rhythm. Family and friends will stomp to the beat as Woody, Buzz and Jessie teach them how to boogie rodeo-style.
The father-daughter production team, Kenneth Feld and Alana Feld, has hand selected award-winning creative talents whose credits span from working with Madonna to winning a Latin Grammy® Award to designing hundreds of costumes for Disney theme park shows:
- Director/Choreographer Fred Tallaksen Award-winning choreographer of Madonna’s “Sorry” video and the finale of her Confessions World Tour; in 2008, earned a Latin Grammy® in the Best Video category for Juanes’s “Me Enamora;” has choreographed for many TV shows, including “Modern Family,” “Outsourced” and “Wizards of Waverly Place;” skating consultant for “Austin Powers III-Goldmember;” and directed and choreographed for Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever!
- Writer Jeremy Desmon’s credits include The Girl in the Frame, If You Give A Mouse A Cookie & Other Storybooks and Curious George Live!. He received the 2007 Kleban Award for excellence in Musical Theatre Bookwriting, and is also a recipient of the Dramatists Guild’s Jonathan Larson Fellowship
- Scenic Designer Rick Papineau Vice President of Scenic Elements at Feld Entertainment; veteran designer who creates props, scenic elements and special effects for all of the company’s touring shows
- Costume Designer Cynthia Nordstrom Designed costumes for more than 15 original dance shows in Downtown Disney; designed costumes for Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy; Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever! and Disney On Ice presents Rockin’ Ever After
- Lighting Designer Sam Doty Assisted in the building and planning of every Feld Entertainment show since 2006, including Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy, Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival and multiple editions of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® circus
- Music Director Stan Beard has arranged and written the musical score for numerous domestic and international Disney On Ice productions, and has worked in the recording studio with such luminaries as Barbra Streisand and Frank Sinatra
TORONTO - Sony Centre For the Performing Arts
Show Date & Time: Friday, January 9/15 – 7pm
Saturday, January 10/15 – 10:30am, 2pm & 5pm
Sunday, January 11/15 – 10:30am & 2pm
Ticket Prices: Tickets Start at $28.25. Additional fees may apply.
To order tickets by phone: 1-855-985-5000
Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival will perform in 11 Canadian cities in December 2014 and January 2015.
Hi-res images are available upon request. To learn more about Disney Live! , go to www.disneylive.ca, or visit us on Facebook and YouTube.
About Feld Entertainment
Feld Entertainment is the worldwide leader in producing and presenting live touring family entertainment experiences that lift the human spirit and create indelible memories, with 30 million people in attendance at its shows each year. Feld Entertainment’s productions have appeared in more than 70 countries on six continents and include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®, Disney On Ice, Disney Live!, Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, AMSOIL Arenacross, Nuclear Cowboyz®, and Marvel Universe Live.
ABOUT DISNEY THEATRICAL GROUP (DTG) operates under the direction of Thomas Schumacher and is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, bringing live entertainment events to a global annual audience of more than 19 million people in more than 50 countries. Under the Disney Theatrical Productions banner, the group produces and licenses Broadway musicals around the world, including Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Elton John & Tim Rice’s Aida, TARZAN®, Mary Poppins, a co-production with Cameron Mackintosh, The Little Mermaid, Newsies, and Peter and the Starcatcher.
Disney Theatrical Group also delivers live shows globally through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney On Ice and Disney Live! For over 30 years, Disney On Ice and Disney Live! have brought beloved Disney stories and characters annually to over 12 million guests in nearly 50 countries worldwide through productions such as Rockin’ Ever After, Dare to Dream, Treasure Trove, Mickey’s Rockin’ Road Show and Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever! In addition, DTG licenses musical titles for local, school and community theatre productions through Music Theatre International.