Hamilton Halton Brant Region – As the first of July approaches, proud Canadians looking for unique ways to celebrate their country will find 17 great offers on amazing red, white and true activities in the Heart of Ontario with the 2013 Canadian Heritage Passport.
The 2013 Canadian Heritage Passport, available for download at www.theheartofontario.com, shines the spotlight on Hamilton Halton Brant’s diverse range of National Historic Sites, and signature landscapes with the following offers:
· 2 for 1 Admission at Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum
· 2 for 1 Admission at Battlefield House Museum & Park National Historic Site
· 2 for 1 Admission to HMCS Haida
· Exclusive behind-the-scenes tour at Hamilton Museum of Steam & Technology National Historic Site
· 2 for 1 Admission at Bell Homestead National Historic Site
· 2 for 1 Admission at Chiefswood National Historic Site
· $10 off Treks in the Wild’s Grand River Voyageur Canoe Trip to Chiefswood National Historic Site
· Save 40% on Grand River Rafting’s Edible Plants & Trees of the First Nations Hike through the Grand River Valley
· 2 for 1 Admission AND a FREE gift Dundurn National Historic Site
· 2 for 1 Admission to Whitehern Historic House & Garden National Historic Site
· Free Admission for children at Canadian Golf Hall of Fame
· 2 for 1 Admission at The Canadian Football Hall of Fame and Museum
· $3 off Admission to Royal Botanical Gardens
· Buy 4 get 1 free on a One Axe Pursuits Niagara Escarpment rock climbing experience
· Save 50% on Grand Experiences’ Grand River Peddle and Paddle trips
· Save $5 on Blue Heron Rafting’s Rafting Trips along the Grand River
· Save $45 on Heritage River Canoe and Kayak Company’s Grand River Canoe & Kayak Trip for 4
“Hamilton Halton Brant is a Canadian heritage hotspot, and our Canadian Heritage Passport offers, combined with Hamilton Halton Brant’s great summer festivals and special events provide visitors with a new way to really celebrate what Canada is all about, “ said Maria Fortunato, Executive Director of the Hamilton Halton Brant Regional Tourism Association.
Hamilton Halton Brant’s summer events calendar is jam-packed with a variety of events celebrating Canada’s past and present:
- The TALL SHIPS® will sail into Hamilton Harbour’s Pier 8 on June 28th until June 30th as part of the War of 1812 Bicentential celebrations. This must-see event will include a number of free events including interactive theatre experiences, children’s activities, buskers, boat building demonstrations, a craft fair and a nightly fireworks display. In addition to free activities, there will be a variety of ticketed events, including Ship Deck tours and boat cruises.
- Chiefswood National Historic Site celebrates the life of poet, stage performer and trailblazer E. Pauline Johnson this summer through the fascinating exhibit, Tekahionwake that explores her lasting impact through contemporary artwork, artifacts, photographs, historic posters, and multi-media presentations.
- The RBC Canadian Open returns to Oakville’s historic Glen Abbey from July 22nd through 28th and the “Behind Canada’s Legendary Links” package offers golf enthusiasts a unique VIP experience that includes a behind-the-scenes look at the media centre, tournament operations, the driving range and some of Glen Abbey’s signature holes followed by the full clubhouse experience at Golf Canada House including food, drink and a great view of amazing golf, a personal tour of the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame and Museum and photo opportunities with the 1904 Olympic Trophy and the RBC Canadian Open Trophy. Tickets for this unique experience are $125 per person.
To assist visitors in experiencing all there is to see and do in Hamilton Halton Brant this summer, a number of accommodations partners are offering a variety of promotional “Celebrate Canada” specials. Holiday Inn and Suites at Bronte Oakville is offering the second night of two-night stays at half price with free breakfast for two, WIFI and parking. Quality Suites Oakville is offering a Family Suite accommodating 2 Adults and 2 Children for $119.99 per night with a special discounted menu at its on-site restaurant. For a complete list of accommodations offers, visit: www.theheartofontario.com/special-offers/accommodations