TORONTO, ON -- Celebrate the cultural richness and vibrancy of Latin America this summer at the 9th edition of the Ritmo y Color festival (July 5-7), presented by Harbourfront Centre.
From contemporary dancers to cutting-edge musicians, Ritmo y Color pushes the boundaries of contemporary Latin American culture and explores the contributions of artists across the region.
This year, Harbourfront Centre offers programming that highlights the theme terrain and explores how one's sense of place influences culture across the Americas. From urban to rural centres, Ritmo y Color showcases artists who present traditional aspects of their culture with a contemporary flare to create their own unique styles of music, dance, food and more.
Festival highlights include:
- Musical performances by 3Ball MTY, Lula All Stars, Chico Trujillo, Amanda Martinez, Los Vega, Boogat and many more
- Empanada Throwdown featuring Top Chef Canadas Gabriell Cruz and other local chefs
- Dancing Across the Americas workshops including samba, zouk, tango, rumba and more
- Piñata making workshops for kids
- Fandango Panamericano, a musical ritual featuring Claudio Saldivia, Humberto Porto, Yurit Pedraza and Alec Dempster
- Film screenings of Fania All Stars - Live in Africa, Latin Underground, Shorts for Shorties (animated film series for children) and more
ABOUT HARBOURFRONT CENTRE SUMMER SEASON
Harbourfront Centre is a Canadian charity operating the 10 prime acres of Toronto's central waterfront as a free and open public site. We celebrate the multiplicities of cultures that comprise Canada and enliven the city through the creative imaginations of artists from across the country and around the globe. Harbourfront Centre attracts more than 17 million visits to its site each year to experience 4,000 diverse public events and activities. Harbourfront Centre receives operational support from the Government of Canada and the City of Toronto and program funding from all levels of government, the private sector and individual donors.