Hamilton Halton Brant Region, ON -- May 20, 2014 / (http://www.myprgenie.com) -- Think climbing the rocky cliffs of a UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, paddling down a Canadian Heritage River or hiking Canada's oldest and longest footpath are adventures reserved for those who don't mind driving for hours to find them? Hamilton Halton Brant is urging outdoor adventure seekers to shift their focus and start to look a little closer to home.
Hamilton Halton Brant's true Canadian landscapes, including the Niagara Escarpment, Grand River, the Bruce Trail, over 100 waterfalls and miles of shimmering shorelines, are the perfect backdrop for a variety of outdoor adventures. In addition to spending less time and fuel to find them, a great new collection of offers provides significant savings.
By visiting the website www.ourtruenature.ca, travellers can access special offers for the summer travel season, including:
- A full-day Niagara Escarpment rock climbing or rappelling experience for just $135
- Self-guided Grand River kayak trips starting at just $50
- A guided Grand River night time rafting trip for six for just $50 per person
- A Grand River family tubing adventure for just $30 per person
- Up to 45% off day pass admission to several Hamilton Conservation Authority parks
As well as special offers for outdoor adventure, Hamilton Halton Brant has created a series of Authentic Experiences that combine the region's signature landscapes with guided leisure activities and cultural gems.
- Voyage Into Paradise is a fabulous two-day, two-night luxury Grand River and Cootes Paradise paddling experience that includes a guided Voyageur Canoe trip, First Nations storytelling, music and dance, a behind-the-scenes tour of the world-famous Royal Botanical Gardens, two-nights at a luxurious hotel and gourmet meals.
- Bruce Trail Waterfall Walks highlights the natural beauty of the Niagara Escarpment on two-day or five-day guided hikes through the region. Participants see a total of 19 stunning waterfalls on the 25-kilometre two-day hike and 28 waterfalls on the 45-kilometre five-day hike while enjoying outstanding local cuisine and accommodations in the area's best hotels.
For more details on these offers and experiences, please visit www.ourtruenature.ca.
Hamilton Halton Brant Regional Tourism Association
Just a short drive from much of southern Ontario, Hamilton Halton Brantâ€™s incredible Canadian landscapes include the Niagara Escarpment, the Grand River and the Bruce Trail. From family-friendly hiking routes to ice climbing on frozen waterfalls, there is an impressive range of pursuits to engage outdoor adventurers of all abilities. History comes to life at museums and historic sites with interactive heritage programming, re-enactments and more. Hamilton Halton Brant also boasts a vibrant arts scene, with hip downtown galleries, quiet countryside studios, big city concerts and vibrant community festivals. Discover uniquely Canadian experiences right next door in Hamilton Halton Brant.