FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DRAYTON– Explore the soulful music at the Underground Railroad Music Festival on August 18
from 12 to 7:30 pm at Centennial Park in Drayton.
Join us as we celebrate the history of early Black Pioneers through world class folk, blues, jazz, and blue grass music.
The festival is held in the region of Ontario that was a main terminus on the
Underground Railroad. It is the only one of its kind in North America,” stated Diana Braithwaite,
Chair of the Underground Music Society.
This year’s line up of includes:
- Timothy Epp - Guest Speaker- “African-Canadian Pioneers and The Mennonites"
- BLACKBURN- Brothers of the Blues, Soul & R&B!
- Melissa Adamson and The Weary Travellers - winner of the Harry Jerome Award for Arts
- Curley Bridges - North Carolina’s Mr. Rockin Soul!
- Jenny and Dan Whiteley, Amy Milan and Joey Wright - An Old Time Blue Grass Country
- Miss Angel with Colin White and Band - Mississippi Delta Queen of the Blues
- Harrison Kennedy- Award winning King of Acoustic Blues
- Donovan Locke - The Next Nat King Cole Crooner.
- Diana Braithwaite and Chris Whiteley - National blues award winners
Tickets are $40 for adults, $35 for seniors (65+) and $10 for Youth (ages 14-17). Children under 14
are free but must be accompanied by an adult. Tickets can be purchased at the event or online at
For more information please visit www.braithwaiteandwhiteley.com or call 416-857-4951. Don’t
miss this fantastic live musical celebration of Black History at Centennial Park in Drayton! View
event updates on Facebook at www.facebook.com/UndergroundRailroadMusicFestival.
For more information, please contact: Amy Dunlop
T 519.993.1025 E email@example.com