Harbourfront Centre celebrates Canadas birthday with fireworks, the opening of a new public square, free concerts and more at the heart of Torontos waterfront
Canada Eve Fireworks, presented by OLG, takes place on Sunday, June 30 at approximately 10:30 p.m. The best view is from Harbourfront Centres boardwalk, Toronto Island or on the water. The spectacular, two-barge fireworks display will be the highlight of Harbourfront Centres Canada Day Weekend Celebrations in addition to live performances.
Additional festival highlights include:
- The official opening of Canada Square with special performances on the Canada Stage
- A Celebration of Canadian women in Music at a Harbourfront Centre commissioned concert featuring Kiran Ahluwalia, Tanya Tagaq, Jane Bunnett and special guests!
- More music performances from Jully Black, Elliott BROOD, Vieux Farka Touré, Alex Cuba, New Country Rehab, Keys N Krates and more
- Non-stop dance programming including a Guinness World Record Dance Freeze attempt, an Urban an All-Styles Dance Battle with a $1000 cash prize, and the Spectrum dance series that explores global dance trends
- A delicious nod to a Canadian staple at BACONATION with Barque Smokehouse
- Fun crafts and games the whole family can enjoy
For additional information and complete event listings, the public may visit harbourfrontcentre.com or call the Information Hotline at 416-973-4000. Harbourfront Centre is located at 235 Queens Quay West in the heart of downtown Torontos waterfront. For information about getting here during the Queens Quay revitalization, visit harbourfrontcentre.com/gettinghere
ABOUT HARBOURFRONT CENTRE SUMMER SEASON
Harbourfront Centre is a Canadian charity operating the 10 prime acres of Toronto's central waterfront as a free and open public site. We celebrate the multiplicities of cultures that comprise Canada and enliven the city through the creative imaginations of artists from across the country and around the globe.
Harbourfront Centre attracts more than 17 million visits to its site each year to experience 4,000 diverse public events and activities. Harbourfront Centre receives operational support from the Government of Canada and the City of Toronto and program funding from all levels of government, the private sector and individual donors.