Hotel to Reveal Extensive Transformation and Enhanced Guest Experience
Westin Cincinnati is a favorite hotel for Canadians enroute along Interstate 75 between Detroit and Florida
The Westin Cincinnati is undergoing a multi-million dollar renovation that includes significant upgrades and contemporary enhancements to its 456 guest rooms. Additionally, the hotel has completed construction on an innovative meeting space, Tangent at Westin™.
“The Westin brand is about living well and the changes that we are making to this renowned property are designed to inspire well-being in travel, work, meetings and vacations,” said Kathleen Gilbey, the Westin Cincinnati general manager. “We look forward to revealing our re-design in the coming months, and will of course continue to provide our guests with excellent service during this time of transition”
Embracing the Westin brand’s promise For a Better You, the renovations will include a refresh of the 456 guest rooms featuring the Westin Heavenly® Bed and Westin Heavenly® Shower, new guest corridors, an enhanced ADA-compliant hotel entrance and Tangent.
Designed to facilitate collaboration among small groups, Tangent is ideal for impromptu meetings, brainstorms or interviews and comes equipped with smart technology to enhance productivity.
Starting from the core frame of each guest room, nearly 2,500 gallons of paint, 7,500 square yards of carpet and 51,200 yards of wall vinyl will be utilized to transform the décor. From the palette of harmonious, nature-inspired colors to the subtle mood lighting, attention will be paid to every detail to enhance guests’ moods from check-in to check-out.
“Guests will notice a sensory-rich environment that provides a respite from the rigors of travel and sets a welcoming tone,” Gilbey explained. “The Westin brand’s innovative programs and instinctive service are meant to transform every aspect of a guest’s stay into a revitalizing experience.”
Westin Hotels & Resorts, like all brands within Starwood’s robust portfolio, is proud to offer the Starwood Preferred Guest® program, which made headlines when it launched in 1999 with a breakthrough policy of no blackout dates on Free Night Awards. SPG® offers members the ability to redeem awards at more resorts, more luxury properties, more European hotels and more golf properties than any other hotel program.
About the Westin Cincinnati Hotel:
It overlooks historic Fountain Square Cincinnati and is located in the heart of downtown Cincinnati, Ohio. The Westin is the perfect destination for things to do in Cincinnati and Cincinnati meetings. Our ideal location is two blocks from the Duke Energy Convention Center and a short walk to the city's famed restaurants, shops, museums, theater, and sports venues including the Great American Ball Park, Paul Brown Stadium, Horseshoe Casino, the Aronoff Center for Performing Arts, the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, the Contemporary Center for the Arts, and US Bank Arena.
LUXURY HOTELS IN CINCINNATIOur 456 newly transformed guestrooms feature the latest in comfort and design including state-of-the-art internet connection and the Westin Heavenly® Bed & the Westin Heavenly® Shower. Rejuvenate with a session in our WestinWORKOUT® Fitness Studio or relax in our indoor pool and whirlpool. Business travelers will appreciate easy access to a 24-hour FedEx Office, complimentary wireless high speed Internet and pre-flight check-in PC and computer workstations available in our hotel lobby.
CINCINNATI HOTEL RESTAURANTSFrom casual to fine dining, you can enjoy tempting cuisine at our Cincinnati hotel restaurants. Discover "ingredients... some assembly required" - our innovative, grab-and-go concept restaurant where you can customize your own breakfast dishes, salads and sandwiches. At OverVine, guests can enjoy a signature cocktail in our newest venue. For a memorable experience, McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurant, offers its signature "Fresh List" daily.
For more information on Westin Hotels & Resorts, please visit www.westin.com,
21 E. 5th Street · Cincinnati, Ohio, 45202 · United States • Phone: 513-621-7700 · Hotel Reservations: 888-627-8071
About Westin Hotels & Resorts
Westin Hotels & Resorts has been a leader in wellness and hospitality for more than a decade. Today, Westin has 200 hotels and resorts in nearly 40 countries and territories, and is owned by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with nearly 1,200 properties in 100 countries and 181,400 employees at its owned and managed properties.
Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, and Element®. The Company boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands.
For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com
JUST THE FACTS, PLEASE
Editorial Fact Sheet: The Westin Cincinnati
21 E. 5th Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
Hotel Quick Facts:
Number of rooms: 456 oversized guest rooms
Number of suites: 6
Number of ADA accessible rooms: 13
Each guest room comes equipped with a Westin Heavenly Bed® and a Westin Heavenly Bath®, and striking views of the city skyline or historic Fountain Square.
Year built: 1981
Last renovated: 2009
Renovation quick facts:
· Construction dates: Nov. 2014 – March 2015
· Completion Dates: Completed project
· End of Dec. 2014 12th, 13th, 14th and 15th floor
· End of Jan. 2015 9th, 10th, 11th and 16th floor
· End of Feb. 2015 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th floor
· March 8, 2015 4th and 5th floor ADA accessible rooms
· Floors renovated: Floors 4-16 including 456 refreshed guest rooms
· Number of contract workers on the project: +/- 55 people
· Gallons of paint used: we will use around 2478 gallons
· Number of rolls of wall vinyl: 51200 linear Yards
· Total square footage for the new carpet: Room carpet: 6211 square yards
· Corridor carpet: 528 square yards.
· Suite carpet :788 square yards
· Total: 7527 sy
· Traditional Room: Two double guest beds, ADA king-sized guest bed or single king guest bed. 386 sq. ft.
· Fountain View Room: 386 sq. ft.
· WestinWORKOUT® Room: Offers two guest beds and comes equipped with a treadmill or stationary bike, resistance bands, stability balls and fitness DVDs. 495 sq. ft.
· Luxury King Room: Features a king-size Westin Heavenly Bed ideal for VIP accommodations. 495 sq. ft.
· Studio Room: Offers a living area separate from a king-size bed. 450 sq. ft.
Guest services and facilities:
· 24-hour in-room dining with Westin’s SuperFoodsRX™
· Seven-days-a-week business center – FedEx Office
· Laundry and dry cleaning services
· Valet and self-parking
· Gift shop
· Full service salon
· Concierge service
· Westin Kids Club™
· Unwind…a Westin Evening Ritual™
· In-room spa
· Heated indoor pool and whirlpool
· Westin WORKOUT® Fitness Studio
Conference and banquet space:
· 28,340 sq. ft. of function space
· 16 flexible meeting rooms
· 3,896 sq. ft. Fountain Room overlooking historic Fountain Square
· Award-winning convention services and banquet professionals
· In-house audio visual provided by PSAV
· Tangent™ at Westin: Where Ideas Meet, a 470 sq. ft. flexible meeting space perfect for impromptu meetings, interviews, and brainstorming for small groups of up to four people
· Ingredients…some assembly required, a gourmet grab-and-go restaurant featuring fresh salads, handmade pizzas, Panini and deli selections
· OverVine Bar, featuring hand-picked wines, craft beers and specialty cocktails
· McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood Restaurant, with fresh seafood, shellfish, aged steaks and more on a daily menu