The small, private kettle lake east of Cambridge, has featured more than 50 homes since the tours began in 2005, said Donna O’Krafka of the Puslinch Lake Conservation Association.
Visitors are taken by pontoon boat to each of the homes (or they can drive) from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with departures from the Old Marina Restaurant and at 28 Lakeside Drive on McCormick’s Point.
|Visitors to the Puslinch Lakeside Living Home Tour travel by pontoon boat between properties.|
Tickets are $25, with the money supporting the Lake Restoration Fund. myplca.com
Q & A Section
- Do I have to arrive at 10 am? ....... No, boats are continually picking up and dropping off passengers.
- When is the latest I can arrive? ..... 2 pm is the latest time you should plan on coming, if you are taking the tour by boat; if you plan on driving, you should give yourself at least 1 1/2 hours.
- Can I purchase tickets when I get there? ... Yes, tickets are available at the entrance of the Old Marina Restaurant, or at McCormick's Point off Townline Rd. at Concession #1; as well as at each home on the tour ( cash only for homes ).
- How long does the Home Tour take? ....... Usually it takes 2 hours by boat, plus or minus.
- How many boats are available?.... anywhere from 5 up to 9+ boats are ready for the Home tour.
- Do the men driving the boats live on the Lake? .... Yes, and they all volunteer their boats, gas, and time!
- Can I take pictures? ....... No pictures are allowed in the featured homes, but you can take pictures when outside.
- Where do the proceeds from the Home Tour go? ..... 100% of all money raised goes toward the revitalization of the Lake.
- Do I need to bring along cash? ..... Yes, there are 3 raffles, and a BBQ being held. You should have at least $20.00 if you want something to nibble on or a change on the raffles.
CALL: Donna M. 519-574-1717, email@example.com or Donna O. 519-220-0582, firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on our website: myplca.com under "CONTACT US" at bottom of each page or email@example.com