KITCHENER, Ont. —The number 13 has never been so scary.
Some people can handle a full evening of continuous horror, look terror in the eye and laugh.
Others need to find the emergency exit as soon as they encounter their first zombie or chainsaw wielding lunatic.
If you’re one of the former, you are going to love what Bingemans has in store for this season’s Screampark attraction.
The Bingemans team has shared their new concepts for Screampark, Canada’s scariest haunted attraction, now in its 13th season.
In years past, Screampark guests would go through multiple haunts but would have a break in between each house to wait their turn to get to the next horrific experience. Bingemans is changing the formula this year and has created one, continuous and epic experience comprising of 9 gruesome and terrifying “testing sites”.
“We really wanted to embrace the fact that this is our 13th season by making Screampark as frightening as we could,” says Mark Bingeman, President of Bingemans. “When guests go through the 9 continuous sites they won’t have the downtime they used to have between haunts. The scares will keep coming and will prolong the experience guests are coming for.”
The haunting will begin on September 28th with all manners of creepy characters ready to scare and “examine” guests as they make their way through the testing sites. Guests will have to find their courage as they go through the following sites:
- Waiting Room – Are you waiting to be seen or are you already being observed? Don’t lose your focus in a magazine in this waiting room.
- Preparation Penitentiary (Testing Area #1) – See where you might end up if you can’t handle the testing ahead.
- Quarantine Zone – You’ve made it through the first test but now you must be quarantined. What does that mean? Only the Examiners know.
- Experimental Grounds (Testing Area #2) – The Examiners have their own twisted agenda and will use this area to decide if you’re worthy of their warped experiments.
- The Dietary and Claustrophobic Test – Good news – you’ve passed the first half of testing. This is your one and only chance to take a breather and perhaps indulge in some of Screampark’s questionable delicacies and fluids. You’ll also have the chance to face a terrifying fear: being buried alive.
- Ocular Observatory (Testing Area #3) – Are your eyes playing tricks on you? The Examiners will be thrilled to check for you. They’re oddly invested in your optic health.
- Pitch Path – This is not your average walk in the park. Your hearing will be assaulted and you won’t know if you’re imagining the sounds until an Examiner is right beside you.
- The Maze Trials – Is your memory still intact? Good. Time to make your way out of the maze.
- The Final Experiment (Final Testing Area) – Are you ready to face civilization? The Examiners will let you meet those who have failed the Experiment but watch out – they might not let you leave.
Also happening this year is the ever growing fan favourite Zombie Paintball Hunt. On October 12th, 13th, 19th, 20th, 26th and 27th guests will have the chance to hunt zombies and save humanity without the fear of being hunted themselves.
Regular online ticket prices are: $25 for weekday visits (Monday to Thursday) and $30 for weekends (Friday to Sunday).
Screampark will be open September 28th and 29th and October 5th to 7th, 12th to 14th, 18th to 21st and 23rd to 28th.
Want a preview of the frights that await? Check out Screampark on YouTube. For more information, please visit screampark.ca. Join the conversation on social media; follow Bingemans on Instagram and Twitter @Bingemans, Like it on Facebook and watch exclusive video on YouTube.
Waterloo Region’s leader in entertainment and hospitality, Bingemans is a multi-use amusement park, campground, conference and event centre and catering service located in Kitchener, Ont. With a heated wave pool, Spray “n” Play for kids and huge waterslides, Big Splash Waterpark is a great spot to cool down in summer’s heat.
Explore FunworX all year long, a three-level indoor playground for children of all ages, boasting an arcade, climbing wall, ropes course and more. The camping resort features 450 sites for tents, trailers and RVs, seasonal camping, yurts and cabins. Bingemans is also home to Canada’s largest Boston Pizza, 28 lanes of 10-pin bowling at Kingpin Bowling, billiards, ping pong, outdoor beach volleyball, three food trucks and outstanding banquet and catering facilities for your business or wedding needs. Celebrate North America’s largest Oktoberfest celebration at Bingemans’ Koolhaus and experience Canada’s most terrifying attraction, Screampark.